A full set of terms and conditions will be supplied along with an Illustrator Commissioner Agreement at the start of the commission. Here are some important things to be aware of:
Your Usage Rights
You have the following permissions with your finished commission:
1. Where the artwork is based on your own photographs or reference material (see Guarantees, below) you may freely post the commission on your personal websites, blogs and social media, or use a cropped version as an icon, banner, wallpaper, etc. For such online uses I ask that a credit is given in the form ‘Illustration by Keith Robinson’.
2. Where the artwork is based on your own photographs or reference material (see Guarantees, below) I will provide you a print quality 300 dpi digital file of the completed commission, which you're free to print for personal use only.
3. You may not solicit the commission as your own work.
My Reservation of Rights
All private commissions are sold for personal, non-commercial use only. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use the content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of the Artwork requires my prior written permission.
It is solely and without exception the responsibility of the person sending photos or other reference material to ensure that they have the permission of the copyright owner to use the image. By sending me reference material you warrant that:
1. It is your own original work or that you have the written permission of the copyright owner and that you have the right to make it available to me for all the purposes specified in the Illustrator Commissioner Agreement.
2. It does not infringe any law; and
3. You indemnify me against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by me as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
All Payments can be made by bank transfer.
Payment schedule: Once the commission is agreed, 50% of the fee is required up front before work begins.
On completion of the commission I will send you a low resolution digital proof of the final Artwork for approval, at which point the balancing payment is due.
On receipt of your payment I will send you the final artwork as specified in the Illustrator Commissioner Agreement.
Free UK Standard delivery (typically 2-3 working days) for artwork up to 90cm on the longest side.
International or express delivery can be arranged at an additional cost. Let me know your requirements and this will be included on your initial price quote.